Did someone say Spa Day at Home Ideas? Read on if you are ready to relax!
Is there anyone on planet Earth who could resist a massage or a facial? With a hectic routine and a busy schedule, the last thing on your mind right now is having a spa day. But everyone deserves a little rest and some “me” time.
You don’t even have to move furniture around or spend hundreds of dollars to set up the perfect spa day at home. You can treat yourself with something as simple as popping on a DIY face mask, massaging your hands with lavender oil, or soaking your feet in Epsom salts.
While it might not be the same as getting a professional massage and beauty treatment at a 5-star hotel, it’s the easiest way to relax, revitalize, and practice self-love from the comfort of your own home.
The Most Relaxing Pamper Day at home
1. Set the Mood
Well, we can’t mess with the laws of physics and teleport ourselves to the Four Seasons Hotel, yet. But there’s an easier way to set the mood at home and feel like you’re at a 5-star spa in a hotel, getting ready to be pampered.
Hint: You can get your own box of sunshine online to make your own home spa retreat at home.
Select a room and clear all clutter away. Then, fill a pitcher with cold water and add some cucumber or lemon slices. Don’t forget to light a few scented candles and put on a soothing playlist of waves, rain, forest sounds, or classical music. Then, take a deep breath and slide into your comfiest robe. Put on some fluffy slippers, turn off your phone, and get ready to focus on yourself.
Tip: I truly love to listen to Brain.FM for focus when I am working from home, but also for relaxation, stress reduction, and meditation. You can start with a trial period and get 20% off of your membership here or you can simply enter the code dreamsinheels once you are ready to sign up.
2. Read a Book in the Bathtub
Manis and pedis are one common go to, but there’s more than one way to take a break from the world. Draw a bath, add some essential oils or bath bombs in the water. Tip: I love to use bathtub pillows like this one, for tub neck and back support.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Best Everyday Beauty tips to make you even more productive
3. Choose The Treatments and Products You’ll Use
Home spa kits are available on Amazon for as low as $24.99, and include all types of things like shower gels, bubble bath, body scrub, bath salts, bath bombs, and body lotion. That doesn’t mean you have to use them all at once, of course!
- Some kits come with face sheet masks that help to hydrate and brighten your skin. But you can get super cheap sheet masks at Sephora and Ulta online.
- Vitamin C serum to brighten your complexion.
- Get a Jade Roller Facial Massager not only for relaxation, but also to reduce facial puffiness and wrinkles.
- Shower gels and body lotions come with essential oils and vitamins that are incredible for the skin (and smell great!).
- Body scrubs are a great way to get rid of flaky, dull skin, while massaging your body. Two of my favorite ones are: Charcoal scrub and Himalayan salt scrub.
- If you want to seriously freshen up your look, then purchase an at-home chemical peel treatment like Planet Eden’s Youthful Glow. It’s $23.50 at Amazon.
- Get some fun and unique bath salts. I personally love these ones when I want to calm down, because they smell so good plus the explicit language always makes me laugh. Life can’t be always so serious!
4. You Can Also Make DIY Masks and Toners
When the need for a spa day turns into a personal emergency, try making some DIY masks and face toners, like the following:
- Nutmeg, Honey, and Cinnamon Face Mask:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Honey
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
Apply to the face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Honey
- Oatmeal, Full-Fat Yogurt, and Honey Face Mask:
- Grind a handful’s worth of rolled oats in a coffee grinder
- Mush the oats into 1/2 a cup of full-fat organic yogurt
- Add a drizzle of honey using a fork
- Let it sit a couple of minutes until the oats absorb the yogurt, and then spread on the face
- Avocado, Honey, and Oats Face Mask:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A handful of oats
- Mix these ingredients together and massage them on the face to promote tissue regeneration and reduce the appearance of scars.
RECOMMENDED: 13 Ways To Learn To Love Yourself
5. Slather on a Hair Mask, TODAY
It doesn’t matter if you blow dry your hair or dye it, we all need some hair pampering every now and again.
Try this DIY protein hair mask:
- Mix an egg yolk, which has protein to strengthen the hair
- A strawberry to add moisture
- Add a pinch of olive oil and mix it all together.
- This will form a puree that can be distributed evenly with a wide-tooth comb.
- Then place a shower cap and leave it on for a while, but keep in mind will require more than one rinse to get out.
Tip: Use a hair scalp massager for relaxing the scalp muscles and for reducing stress. It also stimulates hair growth.
6. Go Face-First into a Sheet Mask
Sheet masks help rehydrate the skin. Apply on a clean, makeup-free face. Try the LANCÔME Advanced Génifique Hydrogel Melting Mask for an anti-aging boost.
The Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask is another great alternative for people looking for a good exfoliating mask. But there are literally dozens you can choose from at Sephora. I also truly love the Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Revitalizing Eye Mask.
Suggested Reading: What To Do When You Feel Anxious: How To Handle Anxiety and Stress
7. Self Massage Your Hands and Feet
Your feet aren’t the only part of your body that are regularly hard at work and can benefit from a good massage. After all, your hands are constantly moving, always grabbing things, typing or even writing.
When massaging your hands make sure to select a hand lotion that contains essential oils, like lavender oil, vitamin E, glycerin and Shea Butter to soften them. Find one that contains antioxidants and AHAs, as these also provide anti-aging benefits. This one is a great choice.
Once your hands and/or feet are feeling more relaxed, you can always proceed with a diy mani/pedi.
Tip: You can also purchase inexpensive rollers such as this one, that will definitely relax the muscles in your hands and feet.
8. Shower and Rinse Off in a Fruit Bath
Dive into the most inviting fruit bath with slices of grapefruit, lemon, and rose/flower petals:
- Fill a tub with hot water
- Add some citrus scented liquid soap
- Add some lavender, lemon or sage essential oils to make the bath even more relaxing
- Add some slices of grapefruit, orange, and lemon and throw a few rose petals in the water. You can also add lavender or jasmine petals.
The fruits and petals infuse the water with vitamin C and citric acid that increases skin circulation, shrinks pores and promotes healing. But light up some candles first before soaking in the fruit bath for about 30 minutes. And, by all means, feel free to pour yourself some bubbly, and sip it as you enjoy this amazingly, relaxing spa day for one.
Relax Mode On
Who doesn’t love to relax? We hope that all of these spa at home ideas help you to set the right mood and ambiance, to take a moment to breath more deeply and really pamper yourself, all in the comfort of your own home. Your mind, body and spirit will certainly appreciate the attention, so just relax and enjoy yourself!
Share with us below any other DIY Spa Ideas for self pampering that you enjoy.
Enjoyed reading? Save it for later on Pinterest!